Call for Entries: GOI Peace Foundation International Essay for Young People
The GOI Peace Foundation International Essay Contest for Young People are open to accepting applications from young people across the continent. The Contest is an annual essay competition poised to harness the energy, initiative and creative potentials in the young(er) generation to the end that the culture of peace and sustainability can be promoted.
The theme for this year is “A Letter from Myself in 2030.”
In line with this year’s theme, applicants are requested to write a letter from their future self in 2030 to their current self in 2020 describing the state of the world, the way people are living, and what you, yourself, are doing to contribute to the growth of the society. Furthermore, any other important message that you might wish to intimate your current self, should be added.
- 1st Prize: Certificate, 100,000 Yen Cash Prize (approx. US$900 as of Feb. 2020). The first prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Tokyo, Japan in November 2020 and will receive the Minister of Education Award (N/B: Travel expenses will be covered by the organizer).
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, 50,000 Yen Cash Prize (approx. US$450 as of Feb. 2020) and a gift.
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift.
- Honourable Mention: Certificate and gift.
- Additional awards (Recognition for efforts, Best School and School Incentive Awards) will be given if applicable.
- Essays must be submitted by interested applicants aged 25 years old as of June 15, 2020 in either of the following categories- Children (ages up to 14) OR Youths (ages 15 – 25).
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay titles and cover pages. Essays can either be typed or printed.
- Co-authored essay entries will not be accepted. Only single-authored entries will be processed.
- Copyright entries entered will be assigned to the organizer.
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized essay contents will be rejected.
Procedure for Application:
Application entries can either be submitted online or via postal mail. To submit your entries online, visit the registration page, here. For submissions that would be done via postal mail, the address is: International Essay Contest c/o The Goi Peace Foundation 1-4-5 Hirakawacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0093, Japan.
Deadline for application is June 15, 2020.