The 2017 edition of The Sustainability, Enterprise, and Responsibility Awards (SERAS CSR Awards) Africa is now open for entries with the theme: Transformational Sustainability: From Social Responsibility to Social Impact.
This edition of the the SERAS seeks to uncover the brands that have performed in the real sense, and to highlight and reward those investments and interventions that lead to actual impacts in communities where organisations do business and in general society at large.
Originally focused on West Africa, the 2016 edition of the event saw the awards extended into Southern Africa with entries received from organisations in various countries including Angola, Uganda, Kenya, South Africa, Botswana and Ghana.
However this year, the SERAS has opened the competition further with East African businesses now also eligible to enter having recognized the region as an emerging hub in the industry.
There are 25 awards categories that businesses can enter including:
- Best Company in Poverty Reduction
- Best Company in Eradication of Hunger
- Best Company in Promotion of Gender Equality
- Best Company in Provision of Clean Water & Sanitation
- Best Company in Affordable & Clean Energy
- Best Company in Industry & Innovation
- Most Sustainable Cities/Communities Award
- The regional award for Best Company in CSR/Sustainability East Africa
The competition is open to large-, medium- and small-scale, not-for-profit organisations, as well as public sector organisations and all organisations from the region are enjoined to enter the awards within the various categories.
Date: November 17, 2017
Venue: Eko Hotel, Lagos.
Further details on how interested organisations can participate can be found at www.theseras.com.