A maiden edition, the Africa Climate Smart Agriculture Congress seeks to bring together senior representatives from ministries of agriculture, heads of key agri-related public institutions, UN agencies, agricultural firms, NGOs, farm associations, agriculture research and development institutes, investors, donors and the private sector; to deliberate on innovations, partnerships and financing to advance climate smart agriculture in East Africa.
Featuring keynote addresses, panel discussions and interactive roundtable sessions, the Africa Climate Smart Agriculture Congress will involve robust debates on sustainable agricultural transformation and innovations in seed technology, soil and drought management in the region.
Among other benefits, participants will:
- Discover how to secure financial investment for CSA initiatives, improve agricultural productivity and scale adoption of technological innovations in agricultural systems.
- Discuss practical solutions to the prominent climate change challenges, especially around drought management and irrigation best practice
- Discover ICT for agri and mAgri innovations: support farmers through technology, data collection, and sharing among actors
- Create economic opportunities while ensuring sustainability for communities and the environment, and learn about financing trends in the region
- Have the opportunity to network with key decision makers and experts in the industry.
Date: March 6-7, 2018
Venue: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline is March 4, 2018. Interested? Register here.
For more information, see Source