With a new postgraduate programme starting in the autumn semester of 2019, Ferdinand Porsche FernFH bridges a gap in international educational offers. In cooperation with CSR Company International, Austria’s only distance-learning University of Applied Sciences has developed an MBA degree programme for CSR managers.
The new programme was presented on November 22 at the premises of the Austrian Council for Sustainable Development. Corporate Social Responsibility – a strategic management tool that has become indispensable in many corporations and organisations.
CSR addresses the impact that an organisation’s actions have on the environment, society as well as the economy, and how those can be handled in a targeted manner. Professionally trained experts are crucial in order to strategically enshrine CSR in corporations. As of next year, a specifically tailored postgraduate programme will bridge the CSR training gap in the international education market with a globally recognised qualification and quality assurance according to ISO 26000. Starting in October 2019, interested professionals can enrol in the part-time MBA programme ‘International Corporate Social Responsibility Management’ at Ferdinand Porsche FernFH and obtain an academic degree within three semesters.
The distance-learning programme will be held in English. Three mandatory attendance phases are planned: two in Austria and one abroad. Due to its international focus, the programme offers the opportunity to establish a network that goes far beyond the borders of Austria – a significant advantage especially in the field of CSR.
As the CEO of Ferdinand Porsche FernFH, Axel Jungwirth, explains: “At present, there is only a small offer for trainings in the field of CSR that result in an academic degree. With our new MBA programme we fill this gap and have selected the best cooperation partner: CSR Company International.”
Internationally experienced and renowned lecturers impart the technical basics, successful
best-practice examples from all around the globe as well as the essential CSR management
tools. Among them are:
▪ Marina Stefanova PhD – Sustainable Development Director of UN Global Compact
▪ Divya Gupta Kirti PhD – Associate Professor GITAM University – Hyderabad Business
▪ Ini Abimbola – Founder, Thistle Group; Member, Council for the Development of
Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) and the Institute of Directors (IOD).
▪ Dante Pesce – CEO VINCULAR Center for Social Responsibility and Sustainable
Development/Santiago de Chile and Chair of the United Nations Working Group on
Business and Human Rights
Key Points to Note
- Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Duration: 3 semesters
- Mode of study: distance learning programme with three attendance phases; the second
attendance phase takes place outside of Austria
- Curriculum based on ISO 26000
- Language of instruction: English
- Total ECTS credits: 90
- Tuition fees: € 16,800 (excluding travel and lodging expenses)
- Course start: 7 October 2019
- Application deadline: 15 September 2019
For more information, visit www.fernfh.ac.at/en/csr-mba