Recent development of mini-grids in Nigeria has created the opportunity for a swift increase in electrification and provision of power to millions of people. The mini-grid investment can bring about a $20 billion investment which can speed up economic transformations.
Owing to the large population and strong economy, Nigeria is valued as the best place for profitable investors to build the sector, while the small minigrid market offers revenue potential of ₦2.8 trillion (US$8 billion) annually in Nigeria alone.
This six chaptered publication focuses on:
- The present state of mini-grids throughout the country.
- Opportunities associated with mini-grid investment.
- Challenges and opportunities in the market.
- How to expand the mini-grid markets in Nigeria
- Possible steps to be taken in the nearest future.
Date published: August 2018
Published by: The Nigerian Economic Summit Group,
(NESG) Nigerian Renewable Energy Roundtable (NiRER)