The United Nations Fellowship Programme for Africans provides participants with an opportunity to deepen their understanding of the United Nations human rights system as it pertains to people of African descent. The Fellowship Programme will allow for its participants to better contribute to the protection and promotion of civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of people of African descent in their respective countries.
The selected fellows will be expected to participate in different activities and must be available to attend the full duration of the programme. The Fellowship will take place from 19 November to 7 December 2018 in Geneva, Switzerland.
Participants will be given a return ticket (economy class) from their country of residence to Geneva, Basic health insurance and a stipend to cover modest accommodation and other living expenses for the duration of the Programme.
Criteria for Application
- The candidate must be an individual of African descent living in the Diaspora.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of work experience related to human rights.
- The candidate needs to have sufficient command of the English language.
- The candidate has to submit a letter from an organization working on issues related to People of African Descent or minority rights certifying their status.
How to Apply
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A completed, signed and scanned Application Form in one single document.
- A Personal Statement (maximum 500 words)
- An Official Letter from the nominating organization or community certifying the status.
- A copy of their passport.
Applicants are required to submit these documents in one single e-mail to email@example.com
Deadline for Applications: 1 June 2018