The Alibaba group in conjunction with the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, created a platform where entrepreneurs in the ecommerce, logistics, big data platforms and tourism sphere from across Africa and the rest of the developing world can learn and apply ideas from China’s most innovative businesses to their own ventures. Participants will have the opportunity to make use of what they have learnt and innovate in their home countries. The eFounders Fellowship was essentially created to find and empower 1000 platform builders who can leverage Alibaba’s experience in China.
The objective of the program is to create a local community of e-commerce champions who can support one another and continue to nurture the development of their ecosystems to ensure a measurable and sustainable impact within their markets.
The two-week program will provide first-hand exposure to and learning about ecommerce innovations from China and around the world that enabled growth and a more inclusive development model for all. The course will consist of a structured series of classroom workshops and lectures, site visits and will primarily be held at Alibaba Group Headquarters in Hangzhou with site visits in other cities in China. The programme is set to take place from the 19th to the 29th of June, 2018.
While the course tuition, accommodation and meals will be covered for selected candidates, participants will be expected to apply and pay for their visa application and travel to and from Hangzhou, China. A letter of support for a visa request will be provided by UNCTAD to facilitate the visa application process. Once in China, the Alibaba Group will arrange lodging and transportation during the course.
• Must entrepreneurs operating in the digital and technology space related to eCommerce, Logistics, Fintech, Big Data or Tourism.
• Should be authentic, open-minded and altruistic leaders of the new economy.
• Founders or co-founders of an officially registered digital technology venture in an African country. Looking to move from success to significance with integrity, vision and drive.
• Female entrepreneurs are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Under the age of 35 preferred
Application Deadline: May 4th, 2018
Location: Alibaba Xixi Campus – Hangzhou, China
For more information Read more