The BMCE Bank Entrepreneurship Award, to the tune of One Million Dollars, is created specifically for Africans. The award was launched in 2014.
Eligible candidates would be given mentorship from over 400 entrepreneurs to launch and grow your business or idea in Africa. Mentors would assist candidates in defining their target market and in carrying out a scalability test. Entrepreneurs that make it to the top 50 are visited by the Award team. Top Finalists would attend a 3-day Boot Camp after which they will be given a final opportunity to pitch their ideas to the Jury.
Prior to submitting a proposal, the applicant must meet the following criteria
- Must be an African and your idea or business is for Africa.
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Your idea or business is a for-profit.
- You’re business strategy must create positive social impact.
- Your idea or business includes a technological component.
- Your idea fits in one of this year’s categories.
The Award will cover two different categories; Innovation and Sports
Innovation; any new technology or business model attempting to solve a problem that’s never been solved before.
- Technology/idea must be durable
- It must be multi-functional
- It must be environmentally sustainable
Sports; ideas that promotes integrity, perseverance and unity.
- It must have a positive impact on the economy
- it must improve the health of the youth
- Does the idea reflect values, especially integrity?
Application Closes April 30th, 2018.