Joint Japan in collaboration with the World Bank has created a scholarship scheme exclusively for individuals from developing nations with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts. The Scholarship position is only for those applying for a master degree program in a development-related course.
JJWBGSP offers scholarships for over 200 preferred programs and for 14 Partner programs in key areas of development such as economic policy management, tax policy and infrastructure management. Its partner universities are located in Africa, United States of America and Japan.
After earning their degree, the recipients of the scholarship must commit to returning back to their home country to use their new skills to contribute to the social and economic development of their country.
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start and end of the scholarship period. Scholars will also receive travel allowance of US $500 for each trip.
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance.
- Monthly allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, books). This amount of varies depending on the host country.
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country
- Must not hold dual citizenship of any developed country
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
- Must be employed in development-related work at the time of submitting the scholarship application.
- Must not be a staff or hold any type of appointment with the World Bank Group. Applicant must not be a close relative to a member of staff of the World Bank.
Those seeking a JJ/WBGSP Partner Program scholarship must first apply for a Master’s Degree Program to one or more of the Partner Universities.
For more information click Here
To apply click Here
Application Deadline is April 12th, 2018.