The Junior Professional Programme (JPP) is an initiative of the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO) aimed at the recruitment of talented, highly qualified professionals who are mainly from developing and under- developed countries. Successful applicants looking towards starting off a career as an international civil servant with FAO have the opportunity to work with international and national staff of the FAO in the identification, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of FAO activities.
Successful applicants are offered two years fixed term contracts subject to a one-year probationary period. This term may be renewed for a period of up to two additional years, subject to satisfactory performance.
- Candidates should be 32 years of age or younger
- Advanced university degree (Master’s, Ph.D. or equivalent) in a field relevant to the work of FAO
- A minimum of one year of professional experience in a field relevant to the work of FAO
- A working knowledge of one of FAO’s official languages (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese and Russian) and a limited knowledge of another
- Candidates must not bear any relationships to staff members of the Organization
For more Information Click here