The 9th annual Africa Union Youth Volunteer Corps for young African proffessionals are now open for application.
The Africa Union program, officially launched on the 3rd of December 2010 in Nigeria, is a continental development program that recruits and works with African youth volunteers to work in all 54 countries across the African Union. It provides an avenue for young Africans to play a key role in the attainment of Africa’s human development targets and goals.
The program brings ambitious youths together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated Continent and by implication strengthen Africa’s relevance in the globalized world. Successful applicants would be deployed to non-profit settings where their impact and contributions can fill the gap of lack of skilled man power.
- Applicants must be a citizen and resident of one of the Africa Union member states
- Must be aged between 18 and 35.
- Must possess a post-secondary education degree.
- Willing to live and work in other AU member states.
- Proficiency in one of the following (English, Arabic, Portuguese, French)
- Have atleast one year experience in volunteer work.
- Available to dedicate 12 months for volunteer work.
- Economy return air ticket.
- Monthly Stipend.
- Health Insurance Cover.
- Separation Allowance upon successful completion of twelve months.
For more information click here