An initiative of the United Nations, Young Champions of the Earth aims to celebrate and support individuals between the ages of 18 and 30 who have outstanding potential to create positive environmental impact.
This year seven young people – selected from every global region the UN Environment operates – Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, North America, and West Asia; will be named Young Champions of the Earth.
These winners receive seed funding, intensive training, and tailored mentorship to help them bring their big environmental ideas to life.
How to Apply
Each winner will be expected to implement their big idea and send in updates on their progress by producing videos and blogs that will be shared on the website.
In parallel, up to 50 of the most promising applicants will be granted privileged access to an expert community of Covestro mentors offering insights on topics ranging from communications and business development to project planning and financial management.
Each winner will receive:
- US$15,000 in seed funding;
- Attendance at a high-level UN meeting;
- An introduction to dignitaries at the Champions of the Earth Award Ceremony;
- Publicity and recognition through online and global media;
- Access to a community of Covestro experts offering insights and mentoring; and
- Participation in an entrepreneurial training program provided by The DO School.
Deadline is April 2, 2018
To apply, see source