Ahead of the World Environment Day 2017 (WED 2017), EarthPlus, a global non-profit committed to environmental sustainability especially in Africa, is launching an Africa-wide environmental video challenge for young people between 15 and 30.
With the surge of technological advancement and fast-paced lifestyles, there has been a detachment of many people from the natural environment. Activities like hiking, swimming, taking walks, gardening and cycling are no more as popular as in decades before now. This challenge in line with the theme of the WED 2017, “Connecting People with Natural Environment”, aims to once again connect young Africans to nature.
The competition involves three steps:
- Take a video of yourself in any natural environment. Give the following information:
- Your name and the country you are from
- State that you are taking the video for the Earthplus Green People Challenge
- Why you chose the natural environment that you are in and what the place means for you (if there are childhood memories, please state)
- What World Environment Day means to you
- What you would do to connect people to nature going forward
- Upload the video on YouTube with the hashtag #GreenPeople
- Share the link on your social media handles with the hashtag #GreenPeople and send the link and a screenshot of one social media platform you shared it on to email@example.com.
This competition is open to all Africans (regardless of current location) and all videos must be in English or subtitled in English.