Now in their sixth year, the tve Global Sustainability Film Awards 2017 aim to bring out the best and showcase corporate Sustainability. The Awards demonstrate over the years that, for more and more companies, sustainability is at the heart of what they do.
Businesses around the world are therefore invited to enter their own films demonstrating cutting-edge sustainability and bold innovation – providing a model that can help change a threatened planet into a sustainable world. To enter into the awards:
Requirements for your film
All films must:
- Meet the deadline for submissions: Friday 29 September 2017.
- Be an original and creative production by or about your company or institution (although you don’t have to make it just for this competition; if you’ve got a great film already, enter it!).
- Run a maximum of ten minutes.
- Be made in English (subtitles and dubbing are fine).
- Have been made between August 2014 and the date of entry.
- Be accompanied by a 200-word supporting statement explaining how your film meets our criteria (see below).
- Fit into one of three competition categories: Transforming society; Protecting the environment; or Reshaping the economy.
- Meet our terms and conditions of entry (see below).
Films should be engaging, inspiring and credible. These criteria are used by our shortlisting and judging panels.
- ENGAGING Does the film hold the audience’s attention and make the most of the medium’s potential? Does it deliver the story in a way that emotionally or intellectually engages the audience?
- INSPIRING Does the film tell its story in a way that inspires the viewer to think, feel or act differently?
- CREDIBLE Are the sustainability activities portrayed in your film demonstrating best practice in your industry?
How to enter your film
- The deadline for submissions is Friday 29 September 2017
- And, by email, send us your supporting statement of around 200 words.
- If your film is larger than 2 gigabytes, please compress.
- To send your films to tve, please use com
- Click on the + sign and add the files you want to send.
- Type in the email address you’re sending the files to, email@example.com
- Now type in your own email address.
- Use the message box for your 200-word statement if you wish.
- Then simply hit the transfer button and you’re done. (It’s simple, secure and free of charge.)
All film entries must be submitted in one of the following formats: mov, mp4 or wmv at a resolution of 1280 x 720.
What happens next?
- Live on YouTube We upload all films entered in our 2017 competition onto the tve YouTube page in category playlists for the public to view. We’ll be spreading the word.
- Shortlisting Shortlisting for each of the three Awards categories takes place on Monday, 9 October 2017.
And the winners are… Our prestigious panel of communications and sustainability experts then makes the final determination on Friday 20 October. The winners and runners-up will be announced at our glittering awards ceremony and gala dinner at BAFTA, central London, on Monday 27 November 2017.
Who should Participate?
- This competition is open to any company or organisation in any country. The competition aims to encourage companies and organisations to share sustainability initiatives with a wider audience through the power of film, and inspire change towards a greener, fairer world.
- Films must be entered into one of the categories set out on the Awards website, and deadlines for entry and submission of films and entry fees must be met.
- Films must be no longer than ten minutes in duration.
- Only films entered via the website, and where the entry fee has been paid, will be considered by the shortlisting panel judges.
- Entries can only be submitted in English (films subtitled into English, or dubbed into English will be accepted).
- It is tve‘s intention to upload all films submitted.
- Excerpts from the films that win and the runners-up may be screened during the Awards ceremony.
Follow five simple steps and fill in this entry form to submit your film to the tve Global Sustainability Film Awards 2017 in association with Fastflow Group.
For more details, see Source