Company: EAT Foundation
Location: Oslo, Norway
Position: Head of International Policy
EAT Foundation is a small organization with an outsized impact that is playing a central role in placing food, health and sustainability on the international agenda.
The Head of International Policy, will be a global face for EAT, and an integral part of the EAT policy team. The policy team translates scientific knowledge to action through advancing integrated food systems policies at local, national and international levels; co-ordinates impactful programmes with civil society organisations, policymakers and global institutions; and informs EAT event content and strategy, including for the Stockholm Food Forum and regional events.
The successful candidate will have excellent oral and written English and be able to manage multiple projects and relationships with various degrees of complexity. The position will report to the Policy Director, with additional guidance from the Chief Strategy Officer, and will work directly with the Policy team- a Policy Coordinator, two Policy Officers and a Policy Intern.
Main responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement an organisational strategy for international political engagement, including identifying governments and regional and international processes to prioritise, and entry points to advance and embed EAT’s agenda with influential decision makers and institutions.
- Build and activate a network of policymakers to advance EAT’s international agenda, as well as building cross-sectoral relationships with researchers and representatives of the private sector.
- Promote EAT’s policy agenda in bi-lateral meetings and at international events, as well as leading the strategic preparation of senior EAT representatives at international policy events.
- Develop, edit and present materials such as proposals and policy briefs.
- Build external support and funding for EAT’s programmes and international activities.
- Masters or professional degree in fields related to political economy, ideally with technical depth in an area of the food, health and sustainability nexus and an understanding of cross-disciplinary linkages. Strong academic records required.
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience, including working with governments, international policy institutions and involvement in international processes.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills.
- Strong organizational, teamwork, and interpersonal skills and a high working capacity.
- Self-reliant, problem solver, structured, disciplined and with an eye for details.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to provide relevant information to external and internal stakeholders.
- Passion for EAT’s mission.
Terms of Employment
The position is full-time. Start date is as early as possible. The position is based at EAT’s headquarters in Oslo. International travel will be required.
How to apply
To apply, send CV, academic transcript, and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should include examples of efforts to develop and advance a policy agenda with specific policy actors.
Please mark the application clearly with “Head of International Policy.”
Application deadline is February 11th, Terms and conditions apply.