Position title: Division Manager – Administrative Affairs Division
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution aimed at promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. With 80 member states with 54 in Africa, the Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for innovative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
The Division Manager, Administrative Affairs Division, would be in charge of all legal aspects of administrative/institutional issues. He or she would ensure the correct interpretation and compliance with the various Bank’s policies, rules, regulations and procedures applicable to staff, corporate procurement.
The job holder would be in charge of the supervision, mentoring and coaching of staff under his/her leadership.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist the General Counsel in elaborating and coordinating strategies for the defense of the Bank in any lawsuit brought against the Bank.
- Supervise the preparation of briefs and pleadings for defending the Bank’s interests.
- Supervise the initiation, monitoring and conclusion of settlement in lawsuit, mediation, negotiation and other type of dispute resolution mechanisms when necessary.
- Supervise and lead negotiation with countries for the establishment of Bank’s Offices.
- Supervise drafting of all legal documents relating to the Bank.
- Supervise the preparation of the terms of contracts related to institutional procurement including leases or purchase of real property for the proper functioning of the Bank.
- Supervise the provision of legal advice and support in all human resource matters; comprising of recruitment, salary reviews, and administration of staff benefits, contract negotiation, promotions, pre-litigious issues and performance evaluations.
- Prepare and manage the budget of the Division.
- Must hold at least a Master’s degree in Law and admitted to the Bar of one of the AfDB member countries.
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience in similar jobs (i.e. in a Multilateral Development Bank).
- Specialization and expertise in the knowledge of the administrative structure, organization and workings of the Bank as well as seasoned knowledge in the current trend of developments and familiarity with international law.
- Strong Knowledge and ability to apply legal knowledge to deliver full scope of strategic legal services in line with the Bank’s requirements.
- Ability to take the lead in any legal discourse at Board meetings and drive change in line with the Bank’s requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, a working knowledge of the other would be a plus.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft applications.
Application closes on the 20th of April,2018.
For more information click here