- Position : Division Manager Corporate Strategy and Policy
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution aimed at promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. With 80 member states with 54 in Africa, the Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for innovative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
The role of the Division Manager, Corporate Strategy and Policy will be to provide overall leadership in the preparation and dissemination of policies, strategies, guidelines and procedures as well as in providing policy/strategic advice across the Bank. The Job holder will also be in charge of the assessment of a country’s eligibility for Bank financing
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide overall leadership in the preparation and dissemination of policies, strategies, guidelines and procedures as well as in providing policy/strategic advice across the Bank
- Provide overall leadership in the assessment of countries eligibility to Bank financing;
- Manage the Division’s human/budgetary resources and work program to ensure full delivery on the Department’s work program.
- Play a supporting role for staff delivery and promote individual staff development in the work place.
- Hold at least a Master’s degree in economics, Macroeconomics or Development Economics,finance, strategic management, Engineering or related development fields and a broad knowledge of development/operational issues gained through advanced study or work experience. A PhD is an added advantage.
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience. Proven exposure to high-level policy development, negotiation, and debate fora.
- Demonstrated managerial skills
- Authoritative understanding of principles and concepts of strategic planning, global development policy debates and major development issues
- Excellent knowledge of the Bank or other similar institutions’ policy/strategy process and lending/non-lending products
- Proven experience in policy/strategy development, strategic planning, financial analysis report writing and reviews; demonstrated experience in impact and scenario analysis.
- Capacity to develop and adapt policies, strategies, approaches and models to meet emerging system needs and to enhance the continuing accuracy, integrity and accountability of the Bank’s financial resources.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and preferably SAP.
Application Closes on the 18th of April, 2018.
For more information click here