Company: Africa Development Bank (AfDB)
Position title: Lead Economist
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). THE COMPLEX:
The position holder contributes to policy dialog and coordinates the Bank’s economic analytical work, with the view to spur a culture of Excellency and stewardship for the Bank’s clients and partners. The Lead Economist enhances the Bank’s branding in providing high standard economic advice to the clients in alignment with the donor community in the Regional Member Countries.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the Bank is at the forefront of economic development knowledge
- Leading the application of economic research generated inside and outside of the Bank, to the development and review of economic policy solutions tailored to the specific circumstances of each Regional Member Countries.
- Coordinating the work of country economists in the Bank towards improved harmonization of approaches and standards of quality
- Monitoring economic conditions and policies in Regional Member Countries and providing policymakers with well researched insights about developments in their economies.
- Provide advice and guidance on core Bank policies, strategies and processes for greater Bank effectiveness.
- Foster the Bank’s position on high level strategic issues in relation to economic governance.
- Design, lead and oversee the implementation of the Bank’s knowledge strategy.
- Manage and monitor the complex’ economic research agenda and Contribute to knowledge generation and outreach
- A minimum of Master’s degree in Macroeconomics, Econometrics or Applied Economics; a PhD will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant professional experience in macroeconomic management, Applied economics, Research.
- Evidence of recently international published works in economics in international journals or books published by reputable publishers.
- Excellent knowledge of the international development institutions’ policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Proven experience in leading policy dialog with the highest level of Government bodies in the Regional Member Countries.
- A very good background in corporate services activities in particular in procurement management, fixed assets management for public development organizations.
- Competence in the use of at least one standard econometric software for empirical analysis.
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
Application Deadline: 23rd of April, 2018
For more information click here