Position: Principal Disbursement Officer
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor effectiveness, disbursement ratio, special account ratio, counter- part funding issues and loan closing for Bank Group Financed projects in Nigeria.
- Provide technical support to sector departments, lead review and provide input to country and project teams of project documents such as Appraisal Report, Country Strategy and Program, Project Completion Reports etc.
- Participate in country strategy preparation and midterm reviews including assessing capacity development requirements for financial management at the country level; and assist in completing country financing parameters, where necessary.
- Provide disbursement-related assistance to Operations during project launching, project supervision, and portfolio review missions.
- Interact with Fiduciary services to improve the quality of procurement arrangements, financial management systems and procedures of executing agencies in managing project funds, maintaining project accounts and submitting timely and reliable financial reports.
- Contribute to the review and update of ADB’s fiduciary policies and guidelines and participate in the Fiduciary Community of Practice.
- Participate in resolving audit qualifications to ensure that disbursement activities proceed on an uninterrupted basis.
- Review disbursement applications to ensure that all conditions and requirements precedent to disbursement are satisfied and that internal rules and procedures are complied with, prior to approval and payment.
- Manage funds flow, ensure appropriate allocation of resources to the principal expenditure categories of goods, works and services and manage the use of Special Accounts;
- Must possess at least a Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other related disciplines. Membership of an internationally recognized professional association of accountants would be an advantage.
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient understanding of accounting policies, practices and general policies, procedures, guidelines and reporting requirements prevalent in a multilateral institution.
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management.
- Communication, Knowledge Sharing and Innovation and Change.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English.
- Proficient in the use of standard MS Office software applications, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as SAP. Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage.
Application Deadline: 25th of May, 2018.
For more information Read more